British Columbia & Yukon - Home page
Welcome to the ACE British Columbia and Yukon Regional Website
The BC-YK region strives to bring the ergonomics community together by facilitating local educational opportunities and networking events. Engage with like-minded, passionate individuals and stay connected with your BC-YK peers and local news! Regional events are communicated through various social media outlets and via membership email subscription. Connect with your regional president for inquiries or networking event opportunities.
Speaker Series-Nov. 5th, 2015
ACE BC/YK and ergoCentric are proud to invite you to our speaker series on Mobile Office Ergonomics & Chair Design.
- Mobile Office Ergonomics, presented by Emma Christensen. Finally, you have an office with a window! But where do you put your laptop, mouse and printer? Through hands-on demonstrations, Emma will show and discuss creative and practical ways to set up a mobile office in your vehicle. She will review good driving posture and how to set up your vehicle to help minimize injury in the event of an accident. She will also touch on some ideas for improving posture in non-traditional office environments, such as hotel rooms and coffee shops.
- Designing ergonomic office seating, presented by Miles Keller. Miles is one of Canada’s most highly regarded industrial designers and has had his work widely recognized, including the Best of Canada Design Award (2002), and a silver IDEA award; which is recognised as “the world’s most prestigious and coveted design accolade”. Miles has been working closely with ergoCentric to design our latest and innovative office task chairs.
- An update on the news in ACE BC/YK
How to Integrate Human Factors in the Engineering Design Process (ACE)
ACE BC/YK is excited to bring this 1 day workshop to downtown Vancouver. Judy Village & Patrick Neumann will teach participants how human factors/ergonomics can be effectively integrated into the engineering design process to improve not only worker health, but business performance...More info
Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW) Webinar
The Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW) is pleased to offer the 16th annual RSIPLUS Awareness Day on Thursday March 26, 2015...More info
Jenny Colman and Heather Kahle of ACE presented at the February American Industrial Hygiene Association meeting...More info
Safety By Design Symposium
The ACE BC/YK & WSBC Safety By Design Symposium was a success. We are pleased to be able to share the presentations with Symposium attendees-passwords will be emailed directly to attendees
Speaker Details and Bios
ACE Ergonomics Canada Magazine
Looking for copies of the Ergonomics Canada Magazine to distribute to clients or to just pass along information about ACE and ergonomics? ACE BC-YK has spare copies that we can provide. Contact the BC-YK president to arrange to pick up free copies. firstname.lastname@example.org
BC-YK Region Communications
Wondering what the BC-YK Region and your fellow members in BC-YK are up to? Here are a few ways to keep people informed about your activities, to find out what others have been up to, and to find out about events of possible interest.
1. ACE BC-YK Forum. Post a comment, question or just a hello on the web forum. You can also sign up to get an RSS feed that will notify you of any action on the forum. This is a members only access forum, so you need to log in. Link on the left menu.
2. ACE BC-YK Facebook Group. Join us on Facebook to post or respond to discussion items, or just to keep in touch with other. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2362427403
or log in to your Facebook account and search "Association of Canadian Ergonomists - BC-YK Region". This group will list events and provide an open forum for sharing information or posting discussion. NOTE: FB migrated our page to a new format that appears to have deleted membership in the group... you may need to re-register.
3. ACE BC-YK LinkedIn Group. For those who prefer LinkedIn, we have a LinkedIn group as well -http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945860
or log in to your LinkedIn account and search "BC-YK Region" in the Groups Directory. This group will focus more on what is in the news of relevance to the ergonomics/human factors community, with opportunities for discussion.